Thursday, February 23, 2012

Why does my toy poodle attack my mini poodle?

I have 2 poodles that are about 7 months apart. The toy has been attacking the miniature whenever I hand out treats or chewies. It has been getting worse lately. The toy (Petey) definitely thinks he is the leader of the pack, and (Kirby the mini) will try to get away from Petey, but Petey keeps going after him. I have to separate them and put Petey in his kennel. What can I do to stop this?|||You need to establish yourself as the leader of the pack, so that Petey and Kirby don't have to fight for the position.|||Yah, I think thats true too. You have to be the boss of the pack - that doesnt mean being physical with them, but using commands and then following through. If you are handing a treat to the mini and the toy goes after him you have to say No and when he doesnt listen stop him(if he is running from you just repeat no, no, no), bring him back to where you were giving treats at and start again. But dont yell just be firm.|||Watch the Dog Whisperer, I know that they had that problem on alot. I know that mentioned that if a dog is not exercised enough it will be aggresive. So more excercise might help

No comments:

Post a Comment