Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is there an indestructable dog toy?

My dogs (a beagle and a lab) get a kick out of completely destroying every toy I give them!! I love surprising them with toys, but within 48 hours, they are usually in tiny pieces! I usually stick with ropey toys, but every now and then I'll give them plush dog toys. They have a little plush soccar ball thing at the moment that has so far survived for 5 days (woo hoo!!)...





So any toy suggestions for dogs who are serious chewers?|||Try the Kong toys. I have several friends with large dogs and they swear by them!|||Kongs are great, but if the dog is a super heavy chewer you need the BLACK Kong, that thing could survive a nuclear bomb. There are toys made out of fire hose sold at pet stores that are good to. If your dogs like plush toys you can take chunks of scrap fabric, or the leg of an old pair of jeans or work socks and tie them into knots. The dogs love them and cant shred them!|||Kongs. My Lab dosent like them that much but yours might! Its worth a try. I have the same problem. My Lab chewed her tennis ball in half. I think bones outlast any toy and my dog loves tossing them in the air, over and over again. Here are some strong looking toys:


http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.js鈥?/a>


http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.js鈥?/a>|||Kong's, my Labs love their Kong's, as yet they are still in one piece.


You can also get a black Kong that is extra strong.


I fill them with treats and Kong Stuff'N, it lasts them ages, also they are too intent on getting the treats out that they don't bother to chew. If you freeze it it lasts even longer and helps to cool them down in summer when it's hot.


I also use peanut butter and pate to fill them.|||uuuummmmmmm my german sheperd is the smae way but within 24hrs of receiving the toy. he is a ball dog. he probably would not jrop his ball if his life depended on it. He even found a way to bark at stuff with the ball in his mouth. but back to the toys with baught these toy balls for him (i know they are pricy for toys but the only one the broke is the one that was run over with the pickup) some of the toys on this site are actully made for horses so that should help


http://www.dogtoys.com/jollypets.html|||yeah, def. stay away from plush. you'll have to start getting toys that are rubber or something like a nylabone--i hear the kong toys are good too. my puppy destroys everything that is plush. i've bought a rope toy that is supposed to be heavy duty, and so far so good. just go for the toys that say heavy duty chewing toy on the package.|||I have Pits and they love to destroy any toy I get for them. So I started to get them the Kong, The Almost Indestructible Ball, Booda Super Tug, Heave Hose Fire Hose Bumpers, Combat Extreme Toys, The Kevlar Frisbee. You can get these at Petsmart or Petsmart.com. Hope this helps.|||While the black kongs are pretty tough, they are NOT indestructible. My 70 pound female Belgian Malinois took a large chunk off of the top of the largest HD kong that they make. This wasn't an old kong; she'd had it for less than 2 months. Thankfully, we were home and she was supervised when it happened.|||I asked this question recently (except I asked for Kong alternatives...we have Kong's but I wanted variety). Here's the links I got that were really good! :D





http://www.vipproducts.com/retail/files/鈥?/a>





http://www.doggoneclean.com/index.asp?Pa鈥?/a>





http://www.dogtoys.com/jollypets.html





https://www.dogdogcat.com/store.asp?area鈥?/a>|||We use Kong toys at the Humane Society shelter where I work, and they're pretty good. They're not completely indestructible, especially if you have a large dog with powerful jaws, but they do last a lot longer than basketballs or soccer balls.|||obviously the KONG! but also the ropes work for a long while..my dog has had hers for almost a year and its in fine shape or at petsmart there is this rope thing with a tire in the middle..in red, yeallow or blue i think...they're indestructble so far!|||Anything made of a hard rubber. Like My dogs have a tire toy and my pitbull destroys everything too. But he has failed to chew up the tire toy





Heres a picture of it


http://www.arcatapet.com/fullsize/10874.鈥?/a>





try it|||check out Tuffy's for a "stuffed" toy (come in bone,rings, barnyard, dinosaurs)....available numerous places on line...careful with the sizes though...I bought the pig and it ended up being almost as big as my pug! (Now that's Tuff!)|||Kong are the best ones, dogs love them and they last forever.





Min. Schnauzer


Akita's


Newfoundland





they love them|||yes, it's called a Kong and they are wonderful for dog that chew appart everything!|||I know this will get listed a bazillion times, but it really is the strongest..





KONG!|||Doggie KONG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment