Thursday, February 23, 2012

What is your dogs favorite toy??? I need some new long lasting toys for my dog?

I get her stuff animals that she rips apart in two seconds..She doesn't like rubber that much.. I need things that will keep her active while INDOORS... Have you had any lasting results with any of your toys and if so can you send me a link to the toy!!? Thanks mucho!|||Well thats hard to answer all dogs are into diffrent toys. This may seem weird but my dogs love the cardbord papertubes from toilet paper and papertowels. They flatten them and play fetch. My dogs also like socks with a knot in them to play with. And of corse sticks. I also buy rope toys that have a knot in each end(they last). I can't do anything stuffed or rubber my dogs will eat it or tare it apart. I have gotten one time, a toy rope that was a giant knot with a rope hanging off of it, it lasted about 3 years till it fell apart. They also make a big rubber tire on a rope that dogs love and they can not chew it apart. The tire is about 6-8 inchs around maybe bigger. Also they make toys you put a treat inside and they have to get the treat out by playing with the toy. I have tried frisbees but my dogs chew them up. My mom's dog has a real basketball its to big and hard for them to pickup or put holes in it. They chase it and roll it around the house. They are fun, also tennis balls are good but my dog pulls the fuzz off them and tares the ball apart. Theres tons of options, you'll just have to buy a toy and see if your dog will ruin it or play with it. Sorry I cant help very much. www.walmart.com has dog toys you can buy online.|||A - FRAID - KNOTT!|||a baby|||Try the rope toys.|||well my middle dog the 1yr old (i have 3) she since a baby had 1 of my old house shoes slippers u know when u wake up and she is a chihuahua and she will be slingin it around and she like it|||i won Lily a dinosnorz... its great! it makes a noise when she shakes it about, its funny!


like this -


http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/product鈥?/a>





Have you tried stuffing a kong and freezing it? a kong popsical... that keeps dogs busy for ages!


the kong wooba is good too...|||Get the largest Nylabone you can afford.





My dog loves hers.





It has saved me more than one pair of shoes.|||The Kong Stuffaball has been great for us. I have a pit mix, so you can imagine how strongly she chews! She plays with it both with biscuits in it as a chew toy and as regular ball. In 6 years, we've gone through 2 and are now on our third.





http://spoiled-pups.com/kong-stuffaball-鈥?/a>|||I only allow my dog to have the "Kong" toys.If they aren't Kong, she eats them and swallows them. She didn't care for the rubber ones at first either. I played with her with them and taught her to have a good time with them. Now, she loves them and cant tear them up. And stay away from the rope toys. My dog ate one and almost had to have bowel surgery. Luckily, with a little help from the vet, it managed to pass. Poor dog was in so much pain.|||tug a war ropes chew toys that squeak.and kong toys.thou it depends on what ur dog likes|||We got this great rubber ball that he likes. It glows in the dark.





Also, we like to teach him tricks.





http://teachdogtricks.ebookstogether.com鈥?/a>|||I'm sure your MUTT (note that) would like a kong toy - they're pretty much indestructible and they are easily stuffed.|||My dogs love Milk Tugs. You can play tug, fetch, or even stuff them with treats. My two will even grab empty ones and have fun swinging them around. They are extremely durable. We've had ours for months now and they don't have so much as a tooth mark. My two love their Kongs but have mastered them, they have more difficulty getting foods out of the milk tugs and they like the added challenge.


http://dogtrainingbyjess.web.officelive.鈥?/a>|||the kong toy is a good one.


you can find them at pet stores.


J|||My German Shepherd has a toy that she has had since she was a puppy,and she will be 9 years old in January. It is a hard rubber bone with tennis balls on each end. The brand name is worn off,so I can't tell you who made it,but it's been chewed,thrown,left in the water dish and out in the rain and snow,and survived many cycles in the washing machine and it is still almost like new. And this toy gets played with a LOT,as it's her favorite. It's purple with yellow tennis balls.That's all I can help you with, as I can't seem to find a link to it,but tennis balls seem to be pretty popular with most dogs.





Edit: Jerri is right on with the paper towel tubes.I make toys with them.I twist one end closed,then put a few treats inside and twist the other end closed.Hide a few of these around the house and the dog will have fun finding them and tearing them apart to get at the treats,and it won't hurt the dog if he eats a little bit of cardboard. You'll have the cardboard to pick up,of course!





Edit: Here's the toy my GSD loves. It's called a Tennis Bone!





http://www.dogtoys.com/jumtenbon.html|||My dogs want toys that can be thrown and retrieved. That's their big thrill. My oldest dog's favorite toy is shown in my avatar. He's wearing his favorite frisbee. He puts in on and takes it off himself. And he's damn proud of that frisbee.





But in the house, I don't allow frisbee action. So the next best thing are tennis balls. Inexpensive, and not as destructible as stuffed toys. Although they LOVE stuffed animals, they also like to rip the guts out of them and I fear they're going to swallow the stuffing.





When it comes to things that can be chewed and destroyed, I prefer edible things, like bully sticks, and raw bones. They seem to have less of a tendency to wreck their toys, when they can chew on bones.








You may want to consider the "stuffed" animals that have no stuffing.


http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pr鈥?/a>|||Stuffies don't last long around my house either! Mine all love rope toys, so something like this might work: http://www.purrfectpuppy.com/product/Pet鈥?/a> or http://www.purrfectpuppy.com/product/Pet鈥?/a> Rope toys seem to last a while at my house, but I do watch my puppies closely while they play, they still like to try and eat it. It is a lot harder for them to destroy these.





I've also had great success with these toys lasting a while, they are made of very durable fabric. http://www.purrfectpuppy.com/product/Com鈥?/a> I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment