Monday, February 20, 2012

Good toy for a dog who will chew through anything?

I have given up getting my APBT toys, they are gone within 5min. at most. Even bought him a $20 rubber tire/toy that took 10min. to chew up, longest any toy has ever lasted. Now all he gets is bones to chew on. Has anyone found a good toy or something used as a toy that lasts a little while, even with a dog with a jaw like mine?|||My Rottie used to do the same thing. Instead of buying the toy version, we went straight to actual tires. We picked up a trailer tire in the automotive section at Walmart for less than $20 and he's had his tire for a few years now!|||Have you tried the black Kong, it's extra strong for chewers.|||I used to have a pit and got it one of those kong things he loved it and couldn't chew it up|||I have the same problem, I use the hard plastic Boomer ball, they last but are not good in the house. The black kongs are ok under supervision. Gallio bones also last awhile. I also play with them with old basket balls to tire them out. I even have a n old bowling ball that they play with.|||my dog does almost the same thing. we bought her tennis balls and she'd loose them and tear them apart. But a good toy is those floss ropes. they are really strong, they help your dogs teeth, and they aren't that expensive. Your dog WILL eventually tear it in half but then there will be two toys. They will last pretty long. All those plastic toys won't last but the floss rope will. Oh and it's fun to play tug of war with them! They love it!|||I have a lab and a beagle that will chew through just about anything too... my lab is the worst.





But you know what toy they've had the longest? A little rubber squeeky ball. It has lasted for almost 6 months! It has outlasted ropey toys, hard toys, plush toys and other soft rubbery toys with no squeeker... I am amazed by it! While it annoys the buggery out of me when they hold it in their mouth and squeek-squeek-squeek all day long, I am thankful for the fact that they are not board and genuinly interested in this toy...





Give it a go... otherwise there are kongs which everyone raves about...





Here I found a link to some tough toys... this place ships globally. I have bought things off this site before too..


http://www.petsplus.com.au/pet-shop.asp?鈥?/a>


http://www.petsplus.com.au/pet-shop.asp?鈥?/a>|||you could buy kong toys and fill with a bone or peanut butter that would keep them busy for a while also you could get raw-hid bones|||My dog is a chew chew chewer as well - Golden Rottweiler over 100lbs and he destroys things immediately! Indestructible Kong Ball - chewed in half, so I understand :) There is one rubber ball that LOOKS LIKE it will not survive at PetsMart for like 10 bucks I want to say - it is red, green or orange I believe and looks like a ball with feet and ears - the ball is flexible, squeaks and throws nicely - but it seems to be too big around for them to be able to destroy it...THEY DID chew off the ears and feet - first things to go obviously :) but the "ball" part we have had this one now for almost a year...





I also give them Nylabones, but they DO turn into sharp objects that REALLY hurt when you kick them in the middle of the night :) You have to get the BIG CHEWS though - the small flexible ones...my dog could practically swallow them whole as I am sure your big baby could to...





STAY AWAY FROM RAWHIDES! There body doesn't digest them very well at all!





I just searched for it and it looks like the colors might be different strengths - my dogs have the red one :)|||The "KONG" brand toys are pretty durable.Because i have 7 dogs and they are exactly the same way.But KONG toys are the best. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment