Thursday, February 23, 2012

Why does my dog mouth her toy and tap her paws back and forth until she falls asleep?

She is a little mini dachshund and will do this for quite a long period of time. She just moves her little paws in kind of a tapping motion. She always does this with her mouth around her toy.|||Some dogs ore cats do this one reason is they were taken to early from Mom.My chihuahua now 6 years has to lick my hand when she wants to sleep. If I'm not around she licks her brothers ears.She shure sounds cute.God bless|||My Pomeranian does this too but with a teddy bear. He sorta lays on it with his mouth in it in sorta mid chew. It's so cute! I think it's just comforting to them like hugging a pillow is for us.|||She is simulating nursing, something that probably gave her feelings of comfort when she was younger. Kind of like a kid sucking their thumb.|||Ooooh! She sounds so cute. It probably just makes her feel safe and comfortable when she does that. Mine won't sleep without her blanket or if I am not near her. It's basically the same concept.|||I am a mini dachshund owner too (I have 3), and they each have their own distinct personality. I'd say it's a habit that she enjoys!|||my 5 month old Boston has done this since the day we got him. It seems normal according to the other people i've spoke to. It's so cute!!|||It's just a habit that your pet does. Like other people they have their own unique habit.



....|||because shes super cute!
  • morningstar farms
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment