Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What type of paint should be used for a child's wooden toy box?

I'd like to paint a wooden toy box for my daughter but I'm not sure what type of paint I should use and what would be safe. Any suggestions?What type of paint should be used for a child's wooden toy box?I use acrylic paint for all of my arts and crafts, and because i paint on high quality resin materials, acrylic is perfect because it's non-toxic and doesn't have any oil agent in it that might eat the resin. There's no fumes, and as long as it's still wet, it's washable. Don't try this yourself, but I have accidentally ingested a fair bit of it before, and although it tasted nasty, it had no adverse effects. It also dries matte and doesn't flake off.



Depending on the size of your box, it would be a good choice. If your box is quite large, you would have to buy a whole lot of paint to cover it. Acrylic comes in very small bottles, around 3 oz, but they are pretty cheap, from around $.75 to $3 a bottle. You can find it at Hobby Lobby. Delta Ceramcoat is the brand I use. The colors are vibrant and don't fade quickly when exposed to light over a long period of time.
  • chevys
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment