Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My boyfriend might transfer...?

My boyfriend is considering transferring colleges for next year. He's applied to St. Thomas and Augsburg, and both are about 4.5 hours away from my school. My problem is: I'm not sure if I should encourage him to go through with the transfer, but it's not because of me. While I would obviously love him to stay closer to me, that's not a reason that I would use to discourage him from transferring schools (we've only been dating for 6 months). Mostly, I'm worried that he would be transferring for the wrong reasons.



Lately, he has been extremely stressed out at school, because he is involved with a lot of different extra curricular activities on campus. I'm worried that he's blaming this stress on the University, instead of on his delegation of his free time.



Also, when he originally said that he might want to transfer, he mentioned Winona. But he decided to apply to St. Thomas and Augsburg because friends there suggested it. I think that if he transfers schools, it should be about what he wants, not about what his friends from high school think.



Furthermore, he said he wanted to transfer because your GPA doesn't follow you. While this is true, I don't think he would change his classroom behavior. He has a lower GPA than he would like because he skips classes and doesn't study as much as he should, and these habits will take an ever greater toll on his GPA if he attends a private school. I know he can accomplish anything if he really wants it, but I'm not sure if he would want it enough to put in the required effort.



If I talk to him about this, how do I make it clear that it's not my selfishness, but my concern that is making me doubtful of him transferring?My boyfriend might transfer...?
it sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do that you've already done. could anyone tell you those things and you listen? or did you figure out those life lessons through your experiences?



let him go. I don't think the relationship will last much longer anyway. you seem to be way better than him.
  • imos pizza
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment