Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How to create a homemade toy for toddlers?

I am trying to create a homemade toy for my toddler. I am a stay at home mom of twin girls. They show that they are tired of playing with the same toys and so my husband and I thought it'll be a good idea if I came up w/a homemade toy. But, Im stuck.

Please help me.



We'd like it to have a meaningful concept as well as it being safe. Dont' want pieces to easily come off and find them in their mouths!How to create a homemade toy for toddlers?Homemade toys for your toddlers is very satisfying and can become very addicting. This is a great way to explore your creativity, recycle and provide your child will incredibly unique learning tools.



Here's the link for Home Made Toys for Infants and Toddlers

http://www.ehow.com/way_5463829_homemade鈥?/a>How to create a homemade toy for toddlers?
One they can help with is take paper towel tubes and put rice or beans in it and tape the ends shut and let them color on some paper and tape that around the outside to make them cute. It would make a musical toy. I did that for my son and he loved it! Good luck!How to create a homemade toy for toddlers?you could try to make a thing that they pull along. i could have wheels like those duck things and you could make it a train or somethings. I hope you get what im trying to describe :P but yeah.

glad to help :) :)
How old are the girls? I have twin sisters who are 4 and just yesterday they were running around with the paper towel cardboard part in the middle using it as a telescope and running around and being pirates.

Again not knowing their age I'm not sure if this is appropriate but you could build a doll house. Make the fantasy house you've always wanted. Also depending on their age, I make playdough with my sisters at home and plan on making some slime. Balls are always fun from all different sizes and are very cheap... And also, maybe (not judging you as parents because I have no idea what you do) they could just use more interaction. Play games with them. I spy, Hide and Seek, Tag, Simon Says... Last time I checked those were free! And theres many more if you just browse online. And also nothing is better then a good family wrestling. Of course being gentle.How to create a homemade toy for toddlers?I have a two year old daughter as well... We make books we just use cardboard, construction paper, crayons,markers anything else glitter google eyes, straws and we take pictures of our family and she come up with a lot of creative things to do with it... I had been going through my clothes one day and she started putting them on she loved it so i made her a dress up box of my old things she loves that just some ideas.How to create a homemade toy for toddlers?
Homemade toys aren't exactly ideal for toddlers as most homemade things are not well put together. If you do some interactive activities with your kids however, art projects are always fun. You could make paper lanterns and chains coloring with crayons or paint. There are plenty of things you can make. You could also possibly make a makeshift rain stick or maracas. To make a rain stick use a carboard wrapping paper pole, put bean insdie, and seal both ends with duct or masking tape. To make maracas use 2 plastic or paper cups, put beans inside, a nd seal with duct or masking tape. Hope this helps. I'll list a website below for more ideas.
water bottle

good strong tape (tuck tape works well)

hot glue

water

oil

bits and bobs: glitter; beads - plastic, glass, wood, etc; dried beans and legumes, short lengths of jewellry chain, fake jewels and crystals, semi-precious stones, small jingle bells

scented oil

different seasonings (cinnamon stick, peppercorns, nutmeg, cloves, etc)



put stuff in the water bottle - dyed water and oil with or without glitter; water with bits and bobs like the glitter, beads, chain, and so on; no water or oil but things that make different kinds of sounds; a scrap of cloth with scented oil on it; some of the seasonings



hot glue the cap on, then cover it well with tuck tape (it's really really thin and tough so unlikely they'll be able to get through it)



for bottles with the scented oil or seasonings, punch small holes so the scent will emit.



voila - an entire sensory kit.How to create a homemade toy for toddlers?
a few things you could do

1) paper airplanes, I know they are girls but so am I and that is one of my best memories as a child my mom making airplanes out of paper I colored on

2) wands and crowns made out of foil

3) if you have a 20oz soda bottle put water in it and some glitter. screw it as tight as you can closed with some super glue so that they can't open it. they can shake it and have a ball
I made a book with my 3 yr old the other day he loved it. I put a picture of each insect he asked for and wrote the first letter all big on each page. You can google how to make a book. Or build a tent or a house out of a box. have them help make a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment