Sunday, January 29, 2012

My dogs found a dog rope toy in my garden, is it alright for them to have?

They came out of the bushes with this pretty huge dog rope toy that I've never seen. It doesn't look dirty, just obviously worn from another dog. Is it ok for them to have or might there be infections on it?

Neither of my dogs have had their final inoculation yet, should I take it from them? What harm could a rope do??My dogs found a dog rope toy in my garden, is it alright for them to have?yeah but wash

possibility of heart worms and other parasitesMy dogs found a dog rope toy in my garden, is it alright for them to have?
It probably can't do any harm to them, but if you want to keep it, try to wash it first. You never know what it came in contact with before.



It is really best to buy them their own toys.My dogs found a dog rope toy in my garden, is it alright for them to have?To be safe, throw it in the washing machine. After that it will be fine.
It should be fine, but I would wash it first.My dogs found a dog rope toy in my garden, is it alright for them to have?You KNOW this is NOT something YOU provided, but you wonder how it could be harmful. Would you let a kid, pick up a cookie out of the bushes %26amp; eat it, or play with a strange toy you never saw before?



What if the toy rope was deliberately (and with malice %26amp; forethought) placed in your yard? It could be POISONED with anti-freeze, etc. If used by a dog sick with Parvo or Distemper it could infect yours and these diseases can be DEADLY, if the pups or dogs aren't fully vaccinated. If they swallow the rope threads the dogs could have their intestines prolapse on themselves, which could also require surgery to correct. That none of this occurs to you, is scary...My dogs found a dog rope toy in my garden, is it alright for them to have?
well, yeah, but always monitor your dog with play toys or chew toys. I would not worry about infection. I would worry about the dog tearing apart the soft rope and swallowing some of it, or getting some of it stuck in the throat.



Dogs eat all kinds of trash, poo, and dead animals way past their sell-by date. They are pretty resilient to infections. I always worry more about bits of toys that are not digestible.
it should be fine!! but when u wash it to make sure to wear off infections, you might wanna dunk it sanitizing solution or clorox and leave it out in the direct sunlight to dry so the sun can kill off all of the bacteria ;)My dogs found a dog rope toy in my garden, is it alright for them to have?
Wash it on a very hot wash and try to kill any germs. Lungworm can be spread via toys left outside (eg: a slug crawls over the ball).(was reading a poster about it at the vets 'curiosity killed the dog'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment